none
microsoft.ace.oledb 12.0 provider is not registered windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• Please help me out here. I get this error when i try to login into our database "microsoft.ace oledb 12.0 provider is not registered". My computer uses windows 8 x64 and that is all i know about my computer.

I have seen threads on how to tackle this but they seem too advance for me to understand. What do i do please.

I have done alot of downloading from the other threads i read on how to tackle this. what next please?

Monday, February 16, 2015 12:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Rien,

Do you develop a VSTO based add-in?

Anyway, I'd recommend asking DB specific questions on the SQL Server Data Access  forum.

Monday, February 16, 2015 12:40 PM
  • "microsoft.ace oledb 12.0" version 12.0 is office 2007, do you have MS Access 2007 installed on your system?

al

Al Edlund Visio MVP

Monday, February 16, 2015 1:13 PM
  • yes i do
    Monday, February 16, 2015 2:28 PM
  • Hi,

Did you use the 64-bit application and 32-bit Access Driver?

Monday, February 16, 2015 10:45 PM
  • Hi Rien05,

Since this forum is discussing about developing Access, and your issue is more related with ADO.net managed provider. I will move this thread to the ADO.net managed provider forum.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 2:27 AM
  • Hello Rien05,

You might encounter a mismatch issue between the provider and the application as jackafx mentions(you could check this link), please have a try to install the both version engines:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/download/details.aspx?id=13255

If this does not work, please check this discussion which contains a summary to deal with this exception:

HOW TO: FIX ERROR - "the 'microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine"

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 2:52 AM