The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Sqlite for Windows Phone 8, V.3.8.7 broke things RRS feed

• Question

• Anyone know if it's possible to downgrade the Extension "Sqlite For Windows Phone 8" to a previous version ?

I upgraded to 3.8.7, and it broke the compilation.

And I'm not referring to the issue where the sqlite-net-wp8 vcxproj is pointing to the old directory. 

This is a more fundamental type of incompatibility.  

One of the error message is:  

Warning 148 The type 'SQLite.TableMapping' in 'c:\Users\Steve\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\path_to_project\SQLite.cs' conflicts with the imported type 'SQLite.TableMapping' in 'c:\Users\Steve\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\path_to_project\SQLiteWP8\Bin\x86\Debug\SQLiteWP8.dll'. Using the type defined in 'c:\Users\Steve\Documents\Visual Studio 2012\path_to_project\SQLite.cs'.

There are tons of these, and they also including SQLite.TableAttribute, ColumnAttribute, etc..

My main question, though, is if anyone knows how to find earlier versions of this Extension, manually, somewhere that I can download.

( I realize that Sqlite for WP 8.1 is available, but I'm just not ready to Re-Target to 8.1 yet.  It seems as though using third party stuff, like this Sqlite,.. makes your project so fragile, so putting a halt on it.  My future users (havent published yet) will have to do without 8.1 stuff like transparent tiles, etc, for now )

Sunday, October 19, 2014 3:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve,

Since this issue is related to specific version of SQLite. I would suggest you contact SQLite support directly, they will provide more effective support for this issue,

http://www.sqlite.org/support.html

Best Regards,

Jimmy Yang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 20, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Thanks Jimmy.  Turns out it's some duplicate project being accessed twice. 

Bottom line, is, I'm going to stick with Windows Phone 8 versions of Sqlite for Windows Phone 8, sqlite-net, sqlite-net-wp8, and not try to target 8.1 in any way at all.

I'm even going back to VSExpress 2012, to make sure there are no confusions with SDK's, libraries, etc. (keep it strictly 8.0 the whole way)  

Going to completely start a brand new solution, and add the projects to it, one at a time, do the Store tests, and then upload that puppy to the Store already.

After this app, I'll start a different app, and I'll probably start completely fresh with a Universal App, and probably not use sqlite for that.

Monday, October 20, 2014 4:06 PM