none
Generating dynamic output filename RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am facing a problem with file adapter where when send port drop files to remote location

\\10.0.0.0\transaction\folder it gives error that file already exists.

This happens when i drop file at receive location at same time and output file name i generated as S_DOM_VEH_%datetime_bts2000%.xml

as both file have same filename it gives warning.

After retry interval it drops second file also.

But some strange thing i observerd that after second file drops receive location won't pick file ..then i need to restart the host instance after that only it pick the file from remote location \\10.0.0.0\transaction\folder

I have query can't we generate output filename different for every file.

Pls Advise...

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi All,

I am getting error with File Adapter accessing remote location //10.0.0.0/project/transaction/exports

The receive location "Receive Location_InputXML" with URL "\\10.0.0.0\c$\xxxxSAP\FileOut\xxx\ExportVehPreShipInv\*.xml" is shutting down. Details:"The FILE receive location \\10.0.0.0\c$\xxxx\SAP\FileOut\xxx\ExportVehPreShipInv\*.xml exhausted the network retry attempts. ".

Pls advise how to resolve this ..i read somewhere that i need to modify registry.

But before doing this i want to understand that connaction exceeds to remote location due to BizTalk or some other service which is accessing that folder after i drop file had exceeds the connection.

Pls advise what is

MaxWorkItem and MaxMpxCt Values..

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 5:08 AM
  • Hi Sandeep,

You can always add the %MessageID% macro. The MessageID is always unique.
    So if you add that to your filename it will have a unique name.

Regards
    Tim

Tim D'haeyer - MCTS BizTalk Server Blog : http://blog.codit.eu
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:03 AM
  • Hi Time,

Thanks for your reply.

but client wants output file name user specific..

like S_SLDOM_datetime.xml

Also as i mentioned above

After retry interval it drops second file also.

But some strange thing i observerd that after second file drops receive location won't pick file ..then i need to restart the host instance after that only it pick the file from remote location \\10.0.0.0\transaction\folder

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:17 AM
  • Hi

What is the file mode ? Append or Overwrite ? or always create new ?

Try setting to Append or Overwrite & it should work .

If you r not interested in the above , y not try including the timestamp also in the file name.

You are mostly likely to get different file names in this case.

HTH

Sullu

http://biztalkguide.blogspot.com/ Please mark as answer if this solved the issue.Thanks
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:57 AM
  • Hi Sullu,

It is create new file mode..

I had concatenated timestamp as mentioned in my above post as

as S_DOM_VEH_%datetime_bts2000%.xml

but if i drop two file at same time then it gives warning of "file exists" but after retry interval the second file also drops as at that time millisecond is changed...

The only problem is that i observerd that after second file drops at send port and when i again drops file at receive location biztalk won't pick file ..and to resolve this i need to restart the host instance after that only it pick the file from remote location \\10.0.0.0\transaction\folder

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:06 AM
  • Hi,

This is most probably caused by BizTalk. You could try to use a disk monitoring tool to see what process is accessing a file or directory.

What version of BizTalk are you using? MS has a fix for this but that only applies to BTS2004 and BTS2006.

see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952556

HTH,

Randal van Splunteren - MVP, MCTS BizTalk Server
    http://biztalkmessages.vansplunteren.net

Please mark as answered if this answers your question.

Check out the PowerShell provider for BizTalk: http://psbiztalk.codeplex.com
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:28 AM
  • hi Randal,

Thanks for your reply..

I am using BizTalk Server 2006

Also i read on blog which you have advise to check it mentions that to increase retry count at receive port..which i did but after that

observed some strange thing that after second file drops receive location won't pick file ..then i need to restart the host instance after that only it pick the file from remote location \\10.0.0.0\transaction\folder

Now to test i gave local E: drive path and its working fine..

only when  i give network path it creates problem

Pls advise.

-- Kind Regards Sandeep

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:43 AM
  • Network paths go down from time to time like during system restarts. If this is a common problem for you then I would recommend building a scheduled task that calls a PowerShell script to check if the receive location is disabled, and if so, re-enable it. If your errors are occuring at a regular time then perhaps have the scheduled task run after that time. Otherwise maybe schedule it to run every hour.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:19 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply...

I want to understand when first time i drop file it gets consumed and when i drop again file it won't gets pick up..and no error i see in event viewer..

Also i can able to access the folder by going to run and then typing the network address..

This can be resolved when i restart host instance..

Pls advise so that i can pin point the problem..

-- Kind Regards Sandeep
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 4:41 PM