Connecting to MySQL 3.5.1 database - not able to import data RRS feed

• General discussion

• We have a MySQL 3.5.1 database that I am trying to connect to from my PPIV workbook. I downloaded the driver (3.5.1) for it (latest driver 5.1 didn't work) and created an ODBC connection to the database. Database connection is successful and I see a list of tables within the database, but when I try to import data from a table, I get error

The following system error occurred:  Unspecified error

An error occurred while processing table <table name>.

The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed.

I keep getting the following error when trying to preview/filter data:

===================================

An error occurred while executing the query.
     (Query Designer)

===================================

------------------------------
    Program Location:

Server stack trace:
       at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcConnection.HandleError(OdbcHandle hrHandle, RetCode retcode)
       at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader, Object[] methodArguments, SQL_API odbcApiMethod)
       at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReaderObject(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, Boolean needReader)
       at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Odbc.OdbcCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.CommandWrapper.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.QueryDesigners.MultiThreadedQueryResultsHelper.AsyncExecuteReader(IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behaviour)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.AsyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, IMessageSink replySink)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.EndInvokeHelper(Message reqMsg, Boolean bProxyCase)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RemotingProxy.Invoke(Object NotUsed, MessageData& msgData)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.QueryDesigners.MultiThreadedQueryResultsHelper.ExecuteReaderHandler.EndInvoke(IAsyncResult result)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.QueryDesigners.QueryResultsGrid.EndExecuteReaderInUiThread(GetDataReaderHandler getDataReaderCallback)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible to connect to old MySQL (3.5.1) database at all using PPIV? I saw that there are some issues reported even with the latest driver (5.1).

Thanks,

Sonal

Friday, May 17, 2013 2:16 AM