none
The buffer type is not valid. Make sure the Pipeline layout and all components pass validation. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I am having a really weird issue with sqlserver job. So here is the scenario:

I have a SSIS package which is using a C# component and inserts in a sql server database. When I run package from visual studio, it runs fine, does the insert and life is good. Now, I deployed this SSIS package to a sql server and then try to run the SSIS from sql server and I get this error:

OLE DB Destination Input has lineage ID 2000 that was not previously used in the Data Flow task.

OLE DB Command Input has lineage ID 3281 that was not previously used in the Data Flow task.

The buffer type is not valid. Make sure the Pipeline layout and all components pass validation.

INSERT INTO <tablename> failed the pre-execute phase and returned error code 0xC0202020.

Have been scratching all my hairs out but still can't figure out. Package runs completely fine when I run this in visual studio. That sql server is on a  different machine.

I also copied the C# dlls used by SSIS to the sql machine:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents

is this a deployment issue? Because Package runs completely fine from visual studio.

I seriously need some quick help.

I really appreciate it guys.

• Edited by YoBroRo Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:15 AM
    Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:14 AM

All replies

• Hi YoBroRo,

"...Now, I deployed this SSIS package to a sql server and then try to run the SSIS from sql server and I get this error:..."

A few clarification questions:

1. What is your SSIS version?
    2. How was that failing package deployed?
    3. "...using a C# component..."
      Is it a Script Task?

Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:07 AM
  • Hi Yitzhak,

1. What is your SSIS version? 2008 version I think.
    2. How was that failing package deployed? No package deployment never fails. I can easily deploy this to sql server 2012. package runs fine from Visual studio but when I try to run from sql server , i get errors.
    3. "...using a C# component..."
      Is it a Script Task? Yes, I have one script component I am using and that script component download. The package that downloads the file works fine both from visual studio as well as from sqlserver. package that fails is actually reading a file and inserting in a sqlserver table. So i highly doubt if this is a script task issue but I would be happy to share the c# code.

Sunday, July 28, 2019 6:03 AM
  • Hi YoBroRo,

It seems that you are trying to run SSIS 2008 package, but your run-time environment is SSIS 2012.

SSIS has 2 distinct environments:

1. Development environment in Visual Studio (VS), and it supports multiple run-time environments via TargetServerVersion property.
    2. Run-time server environment: SSISDB Catalog, SSISDB database, etc.

You can upgrade SSIS packages to a higher version by using SSIS Package Upgrade Wizard:

Upgrade Integration Services Packages Using the SSIS Package Upgrade Wizard

In Visual Studio, the TargetServerVersion property value defines what the production/run-time environment would be.

Sunday, July 28, 2019 2:58 PM
  • Hi YoBroRo,

The reason might be as following

• The user account that is used to run the package under SQL Server Agent differs from the original package author.
    • The user account does not have the required permissions to make connections or to access resources outside the SSIS package.

So you need to create a credential in database and use a SQL Server Agent proxy account.

Here is a tutorial you can follow step by step.

Please refer to SQL Credentials and Proxy for Agent Job.

Please have a try.

Regards,

Zoe

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, July 29, 2019 2:49 AM
  • Hi Zoe,

the funny part is that other package does run fine from the sql server. This one package where I changed something in sql is giving me the issue. other packages run fine from sql server that's why i doubt if this is a permission issue. Same user acccount run other package from sql and it runs fine.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 9:31 PM