none
Saving Excel 2016 to network share drive location is extremely slow RRS feed

• Question

• Dear experts:

Please help me out.  I use windows 10 and install office 2016 and save excel 2016 to network share drive running windows 7.  It works fine before until one day I add an additional hard drive as data drive for this windows 7 server share.  previously it is 1 hard drive and divided to 4 drive and I use 1 as D drive.  Then I erase all original hard drive partition to merge into 1 C drive for OS and 1 P drive for program install.  Then I add 1 hard drive and use that newly added hard drive as D drive and remain C drive in the original hard drive.  Then it starts saving slow to network D drive share.  before I use 1 original hard drive no problem saving to network drive it is not slow.  Do you have any idea how to fix it ?  I do some research online they told me do this : (between ---)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will need to disable SMB2 on the server that holds the share.  To do so:

Add a REG_DWORD entry named Smb2 with a value of 0 to
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

Then reboot the server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I check my regedit.exe

( I have this settings below betwen ----)

------------------------------------------

Computer

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    HKEY_USERS
    HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG

------------------------------------------

but I don't see HKLM and can not find it in my regedit .  I don't know how to do it.  I don't know how to do this :

Add a REG_DWORD entry named Smb2 with a value of 0 to
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters

So can you help me to do that ?  Or you have any idea how to resolve it ?  Thank you.

Sincerely,

Nathan

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 10:03 PM

Answers