none
BSOD RRS feed

• Question

• Hello people, iv been trying to start my computer and i keep getting a BSOD, i know its from a driver, last thing i did before it gave me the BSOD was install a driver, or was in the process of doing so, and now i cant get past start up, i dont know which error code is the right one but ill give you bot: STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0XAF21SDF56, 0XA9D1BAEC, 0XA9D1B6D0)

ATIHDW73.SYS - Address AF21DF56 base at AF21A000, DateStamp 52b3b61e

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:30 PM

All replies

• have you tried the standard stuff:

Boot from last known good,

Boot in VGA mode,

restore to a prior recovery point,

what's the OS?

Sam Boutros, Senior Consultant, Software Logic, KOP, PA http://superwidgets.wordpress.com (Please take a moment to Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, where applicable)

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:33 PM
  • i did boot from last known good, and restored to prior recovery, im assuming that booting from VGA mod is non HD, so like a on board GPU, and the OS is win7 32, and iv got nothing, and now the computer wont start at all, i turn it on, the CD drive light blinks for a sec and nothing, CPU isnt reading jack, processor light isnt blinking, but i can hear fans and stuff, im wondering if its the Mother Board...

would i be wrong to assume that?

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 11:14 PM
  • Hey SkyMachine,

Have you been able to get a solution of this issue.

This is a  AMD HD Audio Driver developed by Advanced Mirco Devices, Inc. for the Windows Operating System.

If the error message denotes this driver then the best option is to get this driver updated.

Sunday, April 22, 2018 5:26 AM