none
Unknown: DEBUGCHK failed in file d:\bt\2520\private\winceos\net\ndis\sys\miniport.c at line 12464 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm debugging my NDIS 6.0 ethernet driver under WEC7. Right after my Initialize function returns NDIS_STATUS_SUCCESS, the folowing is on the debug port:

==>NdisMRegisterAdapterShutdownHandler: Miniport B5F40450
    <==NdisMRegisterAdapterShutdownHandler: Miniport B5F40450
    Unknown: DEBUGCHK failed in file d:\bt\2520\private\winceos\net\ndis\sys\miniport.c at line 12464 
      KdTrap: JIT debugging requested, waiting for OEM selection
      KdTrap: JIT debugging accepted
    +KITLRegisterDfltClient, service:2

!KITLRegisterDfltClient called before KitlInit. KITLGlobalState=00000080
     DEBUG_BREAK @ef67ff74 Ignored.
    ==>ndisMCommonHaltMiniport: Miniport B5F40450

Can anyone suggest me where to find this miniport.c file ??? And how to check what is the issue after miniport initialize is successfull??? Got struck in this ,not able to find the issue itself.

@balajitrv1

@Pavel

• Edited by vin 1809 Monday, May 14, 2018 4:15 AM
    • Changed type vin 1809 Wednesday, May 16, 2018 4:53 AM
    Friday, May 11, 2018 7:22 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the reply Found the reason for DEBUGCHK failure.

As my register entries were mismatching the general attributes mediatype,physicalmediatype and Iftype .I was getting that DEBUGCHK failure and then driver was unloaded.

I changed the values in regester entries .reg file and now able to call OidRequest functions

• Marked as answer by vin 1809 Wednesday, May 16, 2018 4:53 AM
    • Edited by vin 1809 Wednesday, May 16, 2018 4:54 AM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2018 4:50 AM

All replies

• If you are trying to debug your network driver via KITL over Ethernet using that same network driver, you are in for a world of pain.

Use another KITL transport (like USB RNDIS or USB Serial) or use a JTAGger to debug Ethernet.

NDIS is not included in the shared source program (not even in premium shared source), and we have tried to get the NDIS source from MS but have been unsuccessful. NDIS is owned by a separate group within MS and they do not give out source to anyone, so you just need to deal with not having (and never getting) NDIS source.

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
    Check out my blog: https://guruce.com/blog

GuruCE
    Microsoft Embedded Partner
    NXP Proven Partner
    https://guruce.com
    Consultancy, training and development services.

Interested in WEC on i.MX6?
    Get the only 100% stable and best performing i.MX6 BSP for WEC7 and WEC2013 here: https://guruce.com/imx6

Saturday, May 12, 2018 1:03 PM
  • Thanks for the reply Found the reason for DEBUGCHK failure.

As my register entries were mismatching the general attributes mediatype,physicalmediatype and Iftype .I was getting that DEBUGCHK failure and then driver was unloaded.

I changed the values in regester entries .reg file and now able to call OidRequest functions

• Marked as answer by vin 1809 Wednesday, May 16, 2018 4:53 AM
    • Edited by vin 1809 Wednesday, May 16, 2018 4:54 AM
    Wednesday, May 16, 2018 4:50 AM