none
Report Viewer dosn't print Red color properly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am having wierd issue with Report Viewer (.NET 2.0 win app with reportViewer SP1 control) - I use "Red" color to show  negative values and when I print my report insted of red I get fading pink. I was thinking may be something wrong with my printer  but If I export report into Excel or PDF and print it  I get perfect red color. I was trying also to use "#FF0000" instead of "Red" - same result.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks,

Sergey
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 4:42 PM

All replies

• Well, Issues like this are diificult to detect.
    Did you try with a separate small application only for trying out color?
    I mean to check if it happens only with that Application or with all the Applications that you build.

Or else, try with other versions of reportviewer.

Sorry, could not help much since it works at my end.

Regards, Lakra :)
    Friday, April 10, 2009 2:02 AM
  • Thanks Lakra.

I tried this - I created a new report in Business Intelligence Development Studio, I added few textboxes with text and colors "RED", "#ff0000", "LightCoral", "#ffc0c0", "#ff8080", "#c00000", "OrangeRed", "Salmon", "Blue".

When I switch to Preview in Business Intelligence Development Studio and then Print - I get proper colors!
    If I deploy and then print the report from my http://localhost/reports...   I see only "RED", "#ff0000", "#c00000" textboxes with the same pinkish fading color and "Blue" textbox with very light blue color.

So question is why colors prints correctly from Business Intelligence Development Studio preview and wrong after deployment?

and again if I export report in pdf or excel - I get correct colors and if I then print that pdf or excel files I get correct colors as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sergey
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 9:22 PM
  • You are not alone.... We get this problem too. Save to PDF and print and the colors come out as expected, but but from the report reds are faded and pinkish and blues as you describe. The printer is a Ricoh Aficio MP C2500. As yet, we haven't found a solution.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:57 AM
  • Well it is kinda nice to know I am not alone :)

I didn't find the solution but work around is to use PostScript driver - the colors print properly on our RICOHPS xxx printer.

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:19 PM