none
SIIG USB 3.0 controller still shows as "No supported USB 3.0 port detected" RRS feed

• Question

• I got my Kinect V2, then found the Kinect v2 Configuration Verifier.  I needed a new video card and a USB 3.0 controller. 

I went to Fry's last night and bought a SIIG PCIe USB 3.0 controller and a DX11 capable video card (Radeon R9 270X).  After $250, I thought I was ready to use this SDK and write some software. 

After installing the USB 3.0 card, it now enumerates but all the 8.1 and SDK apps say "Sensor not detected".  Device Manager shows that the "WDM KinectSensor Interface 0" cannot start. 

Part Number: JU-P40611-S1
    Product Name: "DP USB 3.0 4-Port PCIe i/e - Value"

I'll happily return this card to Fry's, since it clearly doesn't work with the Kinect v2, which was the only reason I bought it.

Can you just send a URL for a PCIe card that you guys know works really well?  We'll all figure out where to buy it if you don't want to endorse a specific reseller.  Thanks.

Friday, November 14, 2014 1:38 AM

All replies

• Oh, the "Verify Kinect Depth and Color Streams" test in the Kinect v2 Configuration Verifier also says that "No depth frames received from Kinect" after it waits for frames from the Kinect.   
    Friday, November 14, 2014 1:42 AM
  • What PCI Express slot have you used? Try a PCI Express x16 slot (typically the one your GPU is using) and move your GPU to another slot. You will need to check with your OEM motherboard manufacturer to determine which slots of PCIx Gen 2.0 enabled to support the 5.0GB/s.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, November 14, 2014 6:38 PM
  • I moved it into a PCI Express x16 slot.  It's in an Intel DX50SO motherboard's secondary x16 PCIe slot.  I confirmed that it's negotiated as 5.0 GT/s in the BIOS.  The SIIG card is a 1x card though, not a 16x card.  I've never seen a 16x wide USB 3.0 PCIe card. 

It still shows as "No supported USB 3.0 port detected" in the Kinect v2 Configuration Verifier.  Any suggestions for what to buy to unblock myself would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:05 AM
  • It is a red X or just a yellow. Does device manager detect the sensor at all? What does it show when the sensor is connected?

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 8:23 PM