none
Generate Powerpoint Presentation from ASP.NET webpage, Insert Slides with Images, Use Common Slide Template, Insert Headings in Slides RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have developed an ASP.NET Web application using C#. In one of the pages, I am generating powerpoint presentation, inserting slides, pasting images in slides, adding text, using a background template.. all using Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint.

I see references on the internet that interop should not be used with web browser. Should I not be using Microsoft.Office.Interop.PowerPoint ? If the answer is yes, can you please point me to a free c# code example, using which i can do these things to generate powerpoint presentation ?

Thank you

diana4

• Edited by Diana4 Sunday, July 7, 2019 2:54 PM
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 2:33 PM

Answers

• Several thoughts, have not seen a decent method to generate powerpoint presentations except for a third party library I use and not mentioning the name because it appears you want to attempt this at no cost of a third party library. Consider asking also here https://forums.asp.net/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Diana4 Sunday, July 7, 2019 3:05 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Diana4 Sunday, July 7, 2019 3:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Diana4 Monday, July 8, 2019 10:38 AM
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 2:55 PM

All replies

• Several thoughts, have not seen a decent method to generate powerpoint presentations except for a third party library I use and not mentioning the name because it appears you want to attempt this at no cost of a third party library. Consider asking also here https://forums.asp.net/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

• Marked as answer by Diana4 Sunday, July 7, 2019 3:05 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Diana4 Sunday, July 7, 2019 3:05 PM
    • Marked as answer by Diana4 Monday, July 8, 2019 10:38 AM
    Sunday, July 7, 2019 2:55 PM
  • Thank you. I will mark this as an answer if I do not get a follow up.

diana4

Sunday, July 7, 2019 5:50 PM