Working with Infopath Forms in multidomain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using Infopath 2010 to submit data into sharepoint lists. We have two Domains (i.e. Domain A and Domain B). Sharepoint is installed on server which is in Domain A. and we are developing Infopath forms in Domain B.

Domain A has different users and Domain B has differenet users.We have published infopath forms in sharepoint site (Domain A),

we are logged in user details on infopath form. It is showing if we are opening in browser. but if we opening form in client application (Infopath Designer/Filler).  in my system (Domain B) from published library, it is showing Windows logged in user details. which is wrong. It should show user of Domain A which is logged in infopath form.

I have tried using dataconnection with service UserProfileService.asmx and also tried using Application.User.Username. but not solving problem.

Is there any other way to resolve this issue?

Sunil

Monday, August 29, 2011 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hello Sunil,

Thanks for submitting your inquiry to the InfoPath forum.  I need a few more details before performing research though.  You stated that you open your InfoPath form, which is a browser-enabled form, and it reveals correct user.  However when you open the form within the InfoPath client then InfoPath reveals the wrong user?  Is this correct?  And you are using the UserProfileService within your template?

As you probably know; The InfoPath client will use the credentials of the user that is logged into the workstation, while the browser forms rely on SharePoint's authentication mechanism.  That being said, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?  If you can outline the desired scenario and possible steps to recreate your InfoPath template that'd be most helpful.

Thanks in advance for the additional information.

Kind Regards,

AmandaRu-MSFT

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, August 31, 2011 7:57 PM
  • Hi Amanda Ru,

Thanks for your valuable response.

Yes, I mean to say exactly same what you are understanding.

I have used UserProfileService.asmx in infopath form to bind tne control.

Yes, this is right that InfoPath client will use the credentials of the user that is logged into the workstation. but I need Sharepoint Server Crendential.

Please suggest me if there is any way to resolve this issue.

My Client required this information on a high priority.

Thanks

Sunil
    Friday, September 2, 2011 4:06 AM
  • Hi AmandaRu,

Have you any solution of my problem? please let me know?

Sunil
    Friday, September 9, 2011 4:31 AM
  • Hello Sunil,

The InfoPath Filler will only recognize the user logged into the machine (Windows credentials).  This is the expected behavior.    If you need your form to recognize SharePoint credentials then you'll need to use browser-enabled forms only.  Please let me know if you have further questions.

Regards,

AmandaRu-MSFT

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, November 18, 2011 8:19 PM