"Not enough quota is available to process this command" on m_downloader->CreateDownload( address, file );

Question

• Hi,

Here is the code that causing this:

auto create_file_op = m_temp_folder->CreateFileAsync( file_name , Windows::Storage::CreationCollisionOption::ReplaceExisting );

task< StorageFile^ > ( create_file_op ).then( [ = ] ( StorageFile^ file )

{

DownloadOperation^ curent_download;

try

{

curent_download = m_downloader->CreateDownload( address, file );

}

catch( Exception^ e )

{

// Not enough quota is available to process this command

}

} );

Any idea why I'm getting this exception?

Thanks

Vlad

• Edited by Vladbph Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:03 PM
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:02 PM

All replies

• … well, found rather literally temporary workaround... I had to change the GUID of the application.

However BackgroundTransferApi keeps growing at after some time I get the same exception... :(((

Cleaning E:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\06DDBA8A-AAA6-43E0-85EC-E678A8948136_1y49pb44xaah0\AC\BackgroundTransferApi

doesn't help...

• Edited by Vladbph Friday, May 11, 2012 12:34 AM
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:31 PM
  •  

Hello,

Would you please upload the whole project to skydriver, so that we can reproduce this issue on our side.

skydriver

It is not necessary that you send out the whole of your project. We just need a simplest sample to reproduce the problem. You can remove any confidential information or business details from it.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, May 14, 2012 7:04 AM
  • Hi Jesse,

There is nothing really special about the code... https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=b293fc7da63ff01c&resid=B293FC7DA63FF01C!1489&parid=B293FC7DA63FF01C!127&authkey=!AB3OEARm4uKckjg

One obvious issue is that ..\AC\BackgroundTransferApi keeps growing. Very quickly I get 1000s of files with meta data there...

Thanks

Vlad

Monday, May 14, 2012 7:14 PM
  • Hi,

I guess original question is solved. It is related to the quota of the roaming folder. Two question remain:

- why \AC\AC\BackgroundTransferApi folder keeps growing

- How to enforce cleaning the folder? Are there any settings?

The thing is that sequential downloads are slowing down... 

THanks

Vlad

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:07 PM