none
Availability of Standard office API with Outlook2010 installaiton RRS feed

• Question

• I learnt form Microsoft Store that we can now purchase Outlook 2010 alone (without other programs like words, excel etc.)

This is a goods news for those who do not use other application in office but want to use Outlook 2010 and also for my Access Project which is automate with Outloo 2010.

Below are my questions.

1. Can Outlook 2010 be run without Office installed ?

2. When installing Outlook 2010, will other standard API in Office, like stdole2.tib, msoad21.tib, MSCAL.ocx, MScomct2.ocx, etc also installed ?

Questiion 2 is related to my Access Project which has reference with those API, and the Access Project is run under Access Runtime.

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

TS Lim

Monday, March 5, 2012 2:52 AM

All replies

• Hi TS,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

<<Can Outlook 2010 be run without Office installed?>>

I think I can't get you mean. Outlook 2010 is a part of Office 2010 suites. Where you get Outlook 2010 if you didn't run Office 2010 setup file? It's based on my understand that Outlook 2010 can only installed via customized option of the Office 2010 setup process. This cutomized will install all of the prerequisites of Outlook 2010 into the target platform. And It's based on my experience that the file you mentioned will be installed as prerequisites of Outlook application.

<<Qustion 2 is related to my Access Project which has reference with those API, and the Access Project is run under Access Runtime.>>

As far as I know, the files you mentioned will be written into Registry entry. They are COM components. You can invoke it anywhere in you platform.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:32 AM
  • Hi Tom,

From http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/list/parentCategoryID.37286600/categoryID.50726400

We can purchase

Office Stand-alone Program

Which previously, I didnot find this product offer. I hope this can make my quesiton clearer to you.

TS Lim

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:50 AM