none
BizTalk Rosettanet connection issue RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi there,

I am working on the BizTalk RosettaNet Double-Action tutorial and I am running into an issue when I send a message (0C2 for example) from Fabrikam to Conotoso. In the Fabrikam machine, I get the error below:

The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Any insight on this is apprecited?

Thanks.

Thursday, July 24, 2008 8:14 PM

Answers

• This is actually a very general error message. I have seen this when the firewall blocks the connection or when the BizTalk server get restarted in the middle of processing. I would first check to ensure the firewall is configured and ports that are being used are all open. Is Windows Firewall running on the box?

Also, Jeff Lynch has been blogging recently on RosettaNet and has an article on configuration tips for this - http://codebetter.com/blogs/jeff.lynch/archive/2008/06/18/biztalk-server-2006-btarn-3-5-configuration-tips.aspx. You may want to check if any of these details apply to your current configuration. I would also review some of his other blog posts for more help on implementing RosettaNet because it can definitely be challenging at times.

Thanks,

Friday, August 1, 2008 3:57 PM