none
How to create a VS project template with default platform type as ARM/ARM64? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to create a new project for out WinPhone(with Win10 OS) project, by the steps~
    "File> New > Project"
    >On the configuration console, I select the 
    ==>"Installed" > "Visual C++" > "Windows Driver" >"WDM"

then, an empty project is created.

But, the default platform types are only 'Win32' & 'x64'; the ARM/ARM64 platform types are not appeared for choice.
    Does it mean that I shall not select 'WDM' project template?
    How to create a project template with default platform type as ARM/ARM64?

By the way, I right-click by mouse(on the SolutionExplorer windows) the 'Properties' of the new created project to create 'ARM' platform type by doing ConfigurationManager
    Tuesday, July 7, 2015 10:30 AM

Answers

• adding ARM using the config manager is the right solution. you can also use this dialog to remove win32 and x64 if you want.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 5:11 PM

All replies

• adding ARM using the config manager is the right solution. you can also use this dialog to remove win32 and x64 if you want.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 5:11 PM
  • Thanks for the answer. But, I have an advanced query.

While I adding ARM as new platform from ConfigManager of SolutionExplorer, the setting dialog request me to "Copy settings from:", with menu-list options "<Empty>/Win32/x64".

How to do the setting requirement "Copy settings from"?

If I click <Empty> from the option list, I guess I might encounter many build errors due to the configuration details might be blank, right ?

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 2:08 AM
  • yes, you want to copy from one of them. then delete them.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 3:39 AM
  • Execuse, I am not clear about what will take effect of "Copy settings from:". Is there any guide with the detail procedure?
    What of my unclear part is ~ If we just "duplicate" the current existed 'Win32/x64' platform and provide as new name 'ARM', and do not provide any change of the details of the new-created platform, then what can we expect on the new platform 'ARM' ?
    If we just do "copy from" and then delete the original one(Win32/x64), it seems that the effort is approached to simply 'rename' the existed platform, from Win32/x64 as ARM.

Execuse me on my poor experience at VS.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2015 4:51 AM