none
Where are the help files for Visual Studio 2017?

Answers

• Have you installed them? If not, start the installer again, then click Modify, go to “Individual Components” tab, select “Help Viewer”.

After installation, you should see some command in Help menu of Visual Studio, such as Set Help Preferences, Add and Remove Help Content, etc.

Monday, March 13, 2017 6:04 AM

All replies

• Have you installed them? If not, start the installer again, then click Modify, go to “Individual Components” tab, select “Help Viewer”.

After installation, you should see some command in Help menu of Visual Studio, such as Set Help Preferences, Add and Remove Help Content, etc.

Monday, March 13, 2017 6:04 AM
  • Thanks for the comments. Is it wrong for me to assume that the base help might be installed automatically like previous installations of Visual Studio? I'll take a look at it now.
    Monday, March 13, 2017 6:07 AM
  • I can't modify the installation through Windows 10 settings. I can't deal with this right now. I need to get some sleep before I have to go to work.
    Monday, March 13, 2017 6:15 AM
  • Hi ResidentX10,

You need to re-run the setup file, and then you would get this windows if you don't re-select options and re-install a new one.

Click Modify, and then select Individual components like the following screen shot, and then you could enable the help viewer.

Best Regards,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 8:50 AM