raspberry pi 3 b+ with windows iot RRS feed

• Question

• hi 

i can't speak English will.

i so need help.

i can install windows iot on raspberry pi 3 b+  but i don't no how programming my raspberry pi .

Does anyone know and help me?

Friday, April 5, 2019 1:32 PM

Answers

• Hello saeid1510,

"Visual studio requires newer version of Windows to display the content."

This message indicate you need update your Windows version as @IoTGirl pointed out.

But this is not related to Windows IoT Extensions for the UWP. In order to reference Windows IoT Extensions for the UWP in your UWP application you need install Windows Software Development Kit(Windows 10 SDK). There can be multi versions SDK on your desktop. Except download SDK manually you can also install in via visual studio installer, select the version you need.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by saeid sadati Friday, May 3, 2019 11:25 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2019 9:40 AM
  • Hi Saeid1510,

Your best place to start is https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/tutorials/tutorials

Follow the steps:

1. Choose a board
    2. Setup your device
    3. Add an app

the "Add an App" step will show you the setup and steps to program for your device.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, April 5, 2019 6:17 PM
  • Hello saeid1510,

You can use latest version of Visual Studio( install it on your development PC) and select one programming language as @IoTGirl pointed in step 3.

Quick starting create a C# helloworld program and remote debug it on your Raspberry Pi.

More information: 

You need get familiar with UWP because it is the main application type supported on Windows IoT Core. More application types you can find here. Visual Studio is the primary tool for writing UWP apps for IoT Core and in general.

In-Box languages

Traditional UWP languages ship with support in Visual Studio by default. All of the In-Box languages support both UI and Background Applications

• Languages
      • C#
      • C++
      • Javascript
      • Visual Basic

Please let me know if it helps.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 8, 2019 1:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Saeid1510,

Your best place to start is https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/tutorials/tutorials

Follow the steps:

1. Choose a board
    2. Setup your device
    3. Add an app

the "Add an App" step will show you the setup and steps to program for your device.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, April 5, 2019 6:17 PM
  • hi IoTGirl

Thank you for answering me

I think you just did not understand

I think there was a mistake

I have raspberry pi 3 b+ and install windows iot 

but I don't how programming this?

Saturday, April 6, 2019 11:57 AM
  • Hello saeid1510,

You can use latest version of Visual Studio( install it on your development PC) and select one programming language as @IoTGirl pointed in step 3.

Quick starting create a C# helloworld program and remote debug it on your Raspberry Pi.

More information: 

You need get familiar with UWP because it is the main application type supported on Windows IoT Core. More application types you can find here. Visual Studio is the primary tool for writing UWP apps for IoT Core and in general.

In-Box languages

Traditional UWP languages ship with support in Visual Studio by default. All of the In-Box languages support both UI and Background Applications

• Languages
      • C#
      • C++
      • Javascript
      • Visual Basic

Please let me know if it helps.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support

Monday, April 8, 2019 1:40 AM
  • Please do try Step 3 to see how to add an application.  That will show you how to program for your setup.
    Monday, April 8, 2019 8:15 PM
  • hi 

I do this work and all thing is great but when I want do add Windows IoT Extensions for the UWP

my visual studio don't have this

I can find  solution for  this and that's is download sdk 1809 

I donloawd but can't install and when go to visual studio :

I do every work and talk to get help and … 

help 

Friday, April 12, 2019 5:25 PM
  • hi 

thank you for answer me

look up your post 

Friday, April 12, 2019 5:26 PM
  • What is the version of Windows on your PC?  This message is telling you that you need to update your PC to Windows 10 1809 ( Build 17763 )
    Friday, April 12, 2019 7:47 PM
  • Hello saeid1510,

"Visual studio requires newer version of Windows to display the content."

This message indicate you need update your Windows version as @IoTGirl pointed out.

But this is not related to Windows IoT Extensions for the UWP. In order to reference Windows IoT Extensions for the UWP in your UWP application you need install Windows Software Development Kit(Windows 10 SDK). There can be multi versions SDK on your desktop. Except download SDK manually you can also install in via visual studio installer, select the version you need.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by saeid sadati Friday, May 3, 2019 11:25 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2019 9:40 AM
  • i can do hello world on my pi 

i update visual and install sdk then i can

so thank you for help me;

:)

Friday, May 3, 2019 11:21 AM
  •  this is true 

so thank you i can do it

Friday, May 3, 2019 11:23 AM