none
High blob storage E2E latency

Question

• Hello,

I have started a website and a separate Windows application which uses Azure blob storage.

Web, app and storage works fine in the region where the resource is located - North Europe.

However, few times a day when the blob storage is accessed from China (and possibly other regions) there is a huge delay before download or upload starts.

I think this should not be a my web or windows app problem, because the delay is the same for web and windows app, and the code for both of them is different. The delay only appears then working outside of the Europe, and internet speed should not be a problem - other sites works fluently.

Is there a way to solve these delay issues? Web app issues could be balanced using traffic manager, SQL by geo replications, but what about blob storage?

Additionally, are there any latency recommendations for websites, without using traffic manager. Because additional endpoints increases costs accordingly.

Thank you,

Martynas

Sunday, July 3, 2016 11:38 AM

All replies

• Hello,

We are checking on the query and would get back to you soon on this.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,

Monday, July 4, 2016 5:35 AM
  • Hi @Shaltukaz,

The best option is to create a support ticket and then our support team can help you investigate the issue. You can also check for the analytics on the storage account to see what the E2E latency of these requests look like. It could be something on the network side, such as DNS resolution, etc.

Wissam

Saturday, July 9, 2016 12:36 AM