8.1 Apps view question (Caret size, font weight, fly out size) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, I had a question about the Apps view (swiping up from the main view).  Does anybody know the font info (weight, name, etc) of the caret next to the "Apps" at the top?  Also the font info in the items in the list?  The reason I'm asking is because we're trying to be consistent with the OS in our application.  Thanks!
    Friday, July 19, 2013 5:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Are you asking about the search control which is part of the start experience? The best way to get a similar experience would be the new SearchBox control.

The font used will depend on the language and is typically Segoe UI Light for English and latin languages. The LanguageFontGroup API would be best way to determine which font to use. I think the "UITitleFont" should have the font that you want to use for this scenario.

Friday, July 19, 2013 10:44 PM
  • No not the search box control.  When you swipe up, it lists all of the apps on your computer.  Not the screen that says "Start" at the top left.  When you swipe up in 8.1, it shows "Apps" and the drop down next to it has "by name" "by date installed" "by most used" and "by category"
    Friday, July 19, 2013 10:50 PM
  • There isn't specific documentation for that page, but your app should follow the general guidelines.

See Guidelines for fonts and the Progressive disclosure arrows in Segoe UI Symbol icon list

--Rob

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:46 PM