none
Access Web App - export data to word- Office 365 - RRS feed

• Question

• Access Web App - export data to word- Office 365 -

Hi All, 
    I am about to develop an Access web app via Office 365 Sharepoint. I am competent enough to setup tables and UI, however I would like to be able to create a button on the action bar which saves data from textboxes to the table and also exports that data to a word document which also has textboxes. 

Once that data is exported to word, id also like the document to be emailed or stored.
    This app will act as a certification database/ creator.
    Many thanks in advance!
    Monday, January 11, 2016 10:58 AM

Answers

• Hi Tekserv,

>>however I would like to be able to create a button on the action bar which saves data from textboxes to the table and also exports that data to a word document which also has textboxes.

It seems you want to export the Form in Access web app, right? I think it is impossible for your requirement. With a new feature, you could download the data in Excel, you could refer the link below:

#Introducing a new feature in Access 2013 web apps—Download in Excel
    https://blogs.office.com/2014/11/21/introducing-new-feature-access-2013-web-apps-download-excel/

With Access 2013 client database, we could export the form with DoCmd.OutputTo, but there is no way in Access web app. If this is a new feature in future version of Access web app, I suggest you submit a feedback.

Reference: http://access.uservoice.com/

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:59 AM
  • You don’t have this ability with the 100% on-line version of Access.

A workaround could/would be to create a desktop Access database that “links” to the web data. That desktop database could then do the word merge, and even save the document up into the SharePoint/office 365 site.

The above of course would require the user in question to have Access + your application installed on their desktop.

So from a pure web based approach, this is not possible with Access web services.

Regards,

Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Saturday, January 16, 2016 1:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Tekserv,

As this case is more related to Access web app development, I will move it to Access for Development forum, you will get more information from there and more experts will help you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 8:49 AM
  • Hi Tekserv,

>>however I would like to be able to create a button on the action bar which saves data from textboxes to the table and also exports that data to a word document which also has textboxes.

It seems you want to export the Form in Access web app, right? I think it is impossible for your requirement. With a new feature, you could download the data in Excel, you could refer the link below:

#Introducing a new feature in Access 2013 web apps—Download in Excel
    https://blogs.office.com/2014/11/21/introducing-new-feature-access-2013-web-apps-download-excel/

With Access 2013 client database, we could export the form with DoCmd.OutputTo, but there is no way in Access web app. If this is a new feature in future version of Access web app, I suggest you submit a feedback.

Reference: http://access.uservoice.com/

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:59 AM
  • You don’t have this ability with the 100% on-line version of Access.

A workaround could/would be to create a desktop Access database that “links” to the web data. That desktop database could then do the word merge, and even save the document up into the SharePoint/office 365 site.

The above of course would require the user in question to have Access + your application installed on their desktop.

So from a pure web based approach, this is not possible with Access web services.

Regards,

Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Saturday, January 16, 2016 1:04 AM