change text color RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, I apologize for my English, use google translator
    I wanted to know if it was possible to change the color of the text on the screens of the "GraphicsWindow.ShowMessage (blah blah blah," ")", that is to appear on the screen writing, "blah blah blah", red for example
    I hope you get the idea

T.U.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:36 AM

Answers

• Carmenello,

ShowMessage as a native SB command is not customizable. It's just a simple MessageBox with basic text. So if you want more, you'll have to use an extension and the best solution in your case would be LDWindows class in LitDev extension. Creates additional window(s) which are customizable like the ordinary GraphicsWindow.

Samples for LDWindows are in  other-samples\LDWindows.sb  or search here in the forum for LDWindows.

• Marked as answer by Carmenello Friday, November 20, 2015 1:50 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2015 10:49 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Sorry, not for the ShowMessage popup without writing an extension method to do it.

• Proposed as answer by Nonki Takahashi Thursday, November 19, 2015 4:01 PM
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:43 PM
  • what would be the extension to do this? always exists if such extension
    Friday, November 20, 2015 7:28 AM
  • There is no extension that I know of that does this.

Do you have any experience with visual studio, VB or C#?

Friday, November 20, 2015 9:00 AM
  • Does it have to be ShowMessage?

Ed Price, Azure & Power BI Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Friday, November 20, 2015 9:04 AM
  • I used the show Message because I need to show a video message to the occurrence of an event
    Friday, November 20, 2015 10:05 AM
  • Carmenello,

ShowMessage as a native SB command is not customizable. It's just a simple MessageBox with basic text. So if you want more, you'll have to use an extension and the best solution in your case would be LDWindows class in LitDev extension. Creates additional window(s) which are customizable like the ordinary GraphicsWindow.

Samples for LDWindows are in  other-samples\LDWindows.sb  or search here in the forum for LDWindows.

• Marked as answer by Carmenello Friday, November 20, 2015 1:50 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2015 10:49 AM
    Answerer
  • thanks for the explanation, very nice ..... I will try here in the forum more about LDwindows
    Friday, November 20, 2015 1:26 PM