none
Compact Framework Removed on Device Reset RRS feed

• Question

• every time i reset my device (Motorola 3090) the compact framework that i installed is gone. Is there a way to retain the framework after reset.
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 2:56 PM

Answers

• That's a hardware design question. The basic answer is "install it to the "hard disk" and make sure the registry is persistent", but I don't know what that particular Motorola device has. .NET Compact Framework 3.5 and later can be installed to a storage card, so that would assure that the files themselves are still around. Motorola would have to tell you how to assure registry persistence (so the device remembers where the installed files are located).

Paul T.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:18 PM

All replies

• That's a hardware design question. The basic answer is "install it to the "hard disk" and make sure the registry is persistent", but I don't know what that particular Motorola device has. .NET Compact Framework 3.5 and later can be installed to a storage card, so that would assure that the files themselves are still around. Motorola would have to tell you how to assure registry persistence (so the device remembers where the installed files are located).

Paul T.

Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:18 PM
  • Thank you!
    Friday, November 4, 2011 2:26 AM