updating MS access database using c#.net RRS feed

• Question

• User-934571776 posted

hi all

i have 2 RFID readers that read active RFID tags ID within range, and i have written the code in c# and it works and reads the tags. each tag represents a device.

i have created a database on MS access provides information related to each tag, such as serial number, location, company,...

ISSUE: i need to insert the tag ID to the database and only update Location coloumn, AOTUMATICALLY. as long as the reader reads the tag the program has to update the location where the rest information will be as they are.

i have 2 readers (reader A & reader B) so that i have to compare the data coming from each reader in order to update the location. if reader A reads the tag ID and reader B doesn't >> location updated to Location A. while if reader B reads the tag ID and reader A doesn't >> location updated to Location B. and if neither of 2 readers read the tag the location will be (OUTBOARD). also if the  readers read the tag ID at the same time ( readers range interfere), the location will be (mutual A&B).

readers are real time working, and i need to do the updating aotumatically & continuously.

I really need help ASAP.

Monday, March 11, 2013 3:45 PM

Answers

• User1999579388 posted

Hi,

Do you means you need to update the special columns in your access table?  If so, you could use update Your_Table set column1 = [value1], column2 = [value],... where column = [the value you know and it's better that this value is a unique value]. You could follow below thread to edit your update query in your C# code.

Please check: http://forums.asp.net/t/1186534.aspx/1 

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 10:05 PM