How can i create a project for multiple platform? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I created a project using MFC and target platform was WM5.0 pocketpc sdk and instruction set was ARMV4I. It was just a simple dialog based project which contains 2 buttons , 2 check boxs and 4 labels.

I built my project and connected to the WM5.0 emulator and ran the project to emulator it worked fine.
    Now i was interested to run the same application both in Pocket Pc 2003 and WinCE5.0. The following setting i did to run on other platforms.

1. Build---> configuration Manage 
    2. chose <new> option of platform dropdown list box showed a new project platform.
    3. New platform: Pocket Pc 2003(ARMV4), copy setting froms: WM5.0 pocket pc sdk(ARMV4I) ,checkd "create new solution platforms".
    4. pressed ok button.

After that i built the project and tried to deploy the project to emulator i got the following message:

"unable to start program %CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%/<applicationnamefolder>/<applicationname.exe>".

can anyone give me some hints or site address to resolve the problem that i can execute same exe for different target platform?

Regards
    Morshed

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:23 PM

Answers

• Hi BMorshed,

I don't remember exactly but when I did it I didn't copy settings. I just changed platform in project properties. And there weren't any problems with platforms 

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:15 AM

All replies

• Hi BMorshed,

I don't remember exactly but when I did it I didn't copy settings. I just changed platform in project properties. And there weren't any problems with platforms 

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 10:15 AM

• Hi Maksidrom,

Thanks for your solution. I applied this solution in 2 projects.

1. I created a project using PocketPC 2003sdk(ARMV4) and i applied this solution,i did not get any problem. It  works     
        fine for  WM5.0 platform and winCE 5.0 device.
    2. Created a project using WM5.0PocketPc sdk(ARMV4I) and i applied this solution and getting same message("unable to  start program%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%/<application name folder>/applicationname.exe") during deployment to the emulator.

Regards
    Morshed

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 3:20 PM