Development storage & locale RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Development storage appears to take locale settings into account when returning data: a double value stored as 3.25 will be returned as 325 on my machine because '.' is the thousands seperator in my locale settings. 

Is there a way to define the locale for development storage without having to change my computer settings, or is there a way to pass in the desired locale as a request header (can't find any reference in msdn docs about this). 

Kind regards,

Yves

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 3:47 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Yves,

Does this only occur in development storage? Development storage is just SQL Server that simulates Azure Table Storage. I can imagine that this has something to do with the collation of your SQL Server instance.

Can you edit your configuration so that it points to Azure Table Storage (in the cloud) and see if the problem still occurs?

With regards,

Patriek
    If this reply is of help to you, please don't forget to mark it as an answer.
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:47 AM
  • Patriek,

It's indeed on development storage only, it works perfectly on azure table storage itself.

My collation is set to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS, would that cause the change?

Kind regards,

Yves

Friday, October 22, 2010 3:50 PM
  • This was a bug in the development storage earlier drops of the Windows Azure SDK.  Numbers in non-english formats were not round-tripped correctly.

This is fixed in the latest version of the SDK at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=7A1089B6-4050-4307-86C4-9DADAA5ED018&displaylang=en

Niranjan.

• Marked as answer by Brad Calder Sunday, March 27, 2011 2:22 AM
    Sunday, March 27, 2011 1:15 AM