Error on installing SharePoint App for Online RRS feed

• Question

• I have simple SharePoint App (addin). I want to deploy it using Visual Studio by pressing F5 (called side loading).

I have created new SharePoint Online tenant and new site collection using Developer template.

Deploy from F5 is working until I add "User Profile" = "Read" permission to app manifest. After that I am receiving error: "Sorry, only tenant administrators can add or give access to this app"

enter image description here

I can deploy it using App Catalog > approve > install on site collection. But fore development I want do this from VS > F5.

Do you know how to resolve the error?

Friday, February 9, 2018 8:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I tested with AppManifest User Profile Read permission and it works as expected without "Allow the app to make app-only calls to SharePoint":

It works without such problem when F5 Debug add app:

But when I set "Allow the app to make app-only calls to SharePoint", then debug with F5, it will have such issue, needs Tenant Admin add or give access:

This was an update on the add-ins are installed. For all the add ins with app only tenant admin permissions, tenant admin have to approve for the use of apps during installation.

Please check this point in your side, when debugging, please not set app only permission, otherwise it will need Tenant Admin approve.

Same issue specified here:

SharePoint online Apps are not getting trusted with app only policy even with SharePoint Global Admin

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 12, 2018 6:28 AM
  • You are right I have this checkbox checked and I need it to stay like this. Thx for clarification.

Do you know why O365 has such restriction? Do they have plan to change this?

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 6:49 AM
  • Hi,

This is the special point for App-Only permission app in SharePoint, this is the new policy for such app-only app and Office 365 won't change this in the future.

Check this official article for more details:

Developing using Tenant permissions with App-Only in SharePoint Online

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:03 AM