none
Permissions involved when selling a WPF application RRS feed

• Question

• When selling a WPF application built with Visual Studio 2015 community edition as an individual developer, is there a specific license (i.e. MIT, LGPL, etc.) that WPF applications must adhere to, or is it the same license as Visual Studio itself? I'm planning on releasing my application on the Unreal Engine marketplace, and I'm unsure of what my legal obligations are for the software that I want to sell.

Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:09 PM

Answers

• Hi lejon,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

As far as l know, there is no specific requirement for WPF programs to comply with specific sales licenses.

As the the license of the Visual Studio Community said:

Individual License. If you are an individual working on your own applications, either to sell or for any other purpose, you may use the software to develop and test those applications.

More information about the license you can refer to this:

https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/license-terms/mlt031819/

From an individual developer perspective, you can develop, test or sell your WPF applications without any constraints. It depends on you whether you want to add a license for your program to sell.

Hope it could help you.

Best Regards,

Perry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by lejon brames Monday, August 26, 2019 5:51 PM
    Monday, August 26, 2019 8:13 AM