Job Failed - NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

This job contains my stored procedure (USP_CalculateDataCapture) which is running in management studio without any problem.

EXEC USP_CalculateDataCapture @DCId = 2

but the same, when i run it through job which is not working. it gives the below error message.

Executed as user: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. [SQLSTATE 28000] (Error 18456).  The step failed.

Kindly let me what should i do to solve this error!

thanks
    kmr
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 9:44 AM

All replies

• What is the service account for SQL Server Agent? And also what is this job doing? is it connecting to linkedserver?

Madhu

MCITP, MCTS, MCDBA,MCP-- Blog : http://experiencing-sql-server-2008.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 12:02 PM

• This job is creating many linkedserver by reading of another table which contained location and it's ip number.

primary stored procedure :

EXEC @WMS_Error = USP_CreateLinkedServer @ServerIpAddress = @ServerIpAddress, @SQLLogin = @SQLLogin, @SQLPassword = @SQLPassword
    SET @TempName = 'Job_Usp_' + @DCName

Calling Stored Procedure : (USP_CreateLinkedServer)
    IF ( NOT EXISTS ( SELECT * FROM master.dbo.sysservers WHERE srvname = @ServerIPAddress ) )
    BEGIN
    EXEC @WMS_Error = sp_addlinkedserver @server = @ServerIPAddress, @srvproduct = 'SQL Server'
    IF ( @WMS_Error = 0 )
    BEGIN
    EXEC @WMS_Error = sp_addlinkedsrvlogin @rmtsrvname = @ServerIPAddress ,@useself = 'false' ,@rmtuser = @SQLLogin ,@rmtpassword = @SQLpassword
    END

Tuesday, March 3, 2009 3:06 PM
  • Hi

Can you pleas go through some of the below trouble shooting steps 

• SQL Server Agent Can Run using Built_In-System Account or Designed Windows Account
      Choose Built-In Account to use one of the Buit-in System accounts as the Startup Account,
      The drop down menu gives you theree options
      • Local System
      • Local Service
      • NetWork Service
        • Locay System Grants access to the Operating system.
        • Local ServiceGrants access to the Local system as a Regular Service Account
        • NetWork Service Grants access to the local system and allow SQL Server Agent to access the network
    • Choose This Account to Control Permissions and Previleges Using Window Account.Type the UserName and Password of Windows Domain Account

Thanks
    Rames.M

Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:47 PM