none
Is there full .net 4.0 including KB2468871 patch? RRS feed

• Question

• My application is wpf with target framework ".NET Framework 4" and compiled with x86 platform because there is third party x86 dll dependency, when I run it on Windows 7 32 bit machine, need to install KB2468871 X86 patch, when I run it on Windows 7 64 bit machine, need to install KB2468871 X64 patch, my question is:

1. is there a full .net framework 4.0 distribution package including all known issue fixes, such as KB2468871, etc?

2. if no such full version framework 4.0, must need install x86 patch on Windows 7 32 bit and x64 patch on Windows 7 64 bit?

Thanks for any comment in advance.

Best Regards!

James 

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 10:30 AM

Answers

• Hi James,

Thank you for your update.

>>1. Does that means there is no full .net 4.0 full package including KB2468871? 

Currently, this full package doesn't exist, KB2468871 just provides cumulative roll-up updates after the release of the .NET Framework 4, it is apart from .NET Framework 4 .

>>2. Shall I install KB2468871 separately if I install .net 4.5 instead of .net 4.0?

If you install .Net Framework 4.5, you don't need to install KB2468871 additionally. Because it is highly compatible, in-place update to .NET Framework 4, which includes the updates for fixing customer reported issues of KB2468871.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 5:38 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

For question 1:

Please make sure that your computer has the latest Windows service pack and critical updates, especially Win 7 Sp1. Then reboot and Download the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 package now.

For question 2:

You are correct. To avoid system compatibility problem,  you need to download corresponding version which matches your Win 7 machine.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 6:46 AM
  • Thanks Lana,

Just confirm again, because answer will impact how our setup script is compiled:

1. Does that means there is no full .net 4.0 full package including KB2468871? 

2. Shall I install KB2468871 separately if I install .net 4.5 instead of .net 4.0?

Best Regards!

James Hao

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 10:31 AM
  • Hi James,

Thank you for your update.

>>1. Does that means there is no full .net 4.0 full package including KB2468871? 

Currently, this full package doesn't exist, KB2468871 just provides cumulative roll-up updates after the release of the .NET Framework 4, it is apart from .NET Framework 4 .

>>2. Shall I install KB2468871 separately if I install .net 4.5 instead of .net 4.0?

If you install .Net Framework 4.5, you don't need to install KB2468871 additionally. Because it is highly compatible, in-place update to .NET Framework 4, which includes the updates for fixing customer reported issues of KB2468871.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, September 7, 2017 5:38 AM