none
KPI List View won't sort

Question

• Is it possible to sort a MOSS 2007 KPI list alphabetically by title?

I can get the Allitems view of a KPI List to sort alphabetically by Title, but I can not get the "KPI List" view to sort (can't sort any view for that matter--where the status icons show).

It appears that the view with the ICONS will only display as sorted by "ID."

SharePoint will let me "modify this view" and change the settings to sort on Title (and save the new settings), but the display does not change.

I have SharePoint Designer but have not tried that on this problem yet.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 12:07 AM

All replies

• I'm having the exact same problem. Did you find a solution for this problem?? Anyone else?

Thursday, March 20, 2008 9:45 AM
  • No I haven't found an answer yet.  I am still running MOSS 2007, without SP1.

Sunday, April 20, 2008 5:44 AM
  • Same problem here.  There are Move UP and Move Down options in the drop down list but they are grayed out.

Come on Microsoft, doesn't someone out there have an answer!!

Friday, May 16, 2008 1:50 PM
  • Same problem here.  I have even used SP Designer and no luck.   There are options on the KPI drop down to move up or down, but the options are grayed out.
    Thursday, August 07, 2008 9:34 PM
  • The list items can be moved "up" or "down" in the web part.
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:23 PM
  • But Balpreet, the options are there but they are greyed out, i.e. unselectable.  So there is currently no functioning way to reorder these???
    Thursday, August 28, 2008 7:29 PM
  • Hi Balpreet,

Do you know any way to make the "Move Up" and "Move Down" options work? If yes please let me know. I am too tired of surfing to get any answer for this problem. Still no luck. Thanks in advance for your solution

Regards,
    Premachandu Vutla.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:18 AM
  •             Hi,

1.       The KPI List (or any view other than “All Items” view) is a customized list view and can’t be sorted and will always be in the order in which the KPIs were added.

2.       ‘Modify This View’ will let you change the sort order and that gets applied only to the ‘All Items’ View.

Sai

Thursday, March 19, 2009 12:54 AM
  •          1.       The KPI List (or any view other than “All Items” view) is a customized list view and can’t be sorted and will always be in the order in which the KPIs were added.

HI;

I understand your view over "AllItems" View but since these option of moving up and down are there in the KPI list they should work; and if it is not working isi'nt a bug with product?
    I am too tired of trying it out in different fashion.
    Any help would be much appreciated or if vendor is proposing it as a bug can someone get me the link for the report?

Thanks,

Mukesh
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, February 19, 2010 4:56 AM don't use full quote - quote only if necessary and Hi and names aren't necessary to identify what you are replying to
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:14 AM
  • I have been working with MOSS 2007 KPIs' since Jan 07 - and have tried every which way....this is something I hope Microsoft will fix - also get VIEWS in KPI Lists to work- they are also non-functional using out of the box setup and following the same conventions
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:03 AM
  • Add the KPI web part to a page. While still in the page edit mode, Right Click on one of the KPI's and select Move Up or Move Down. This will change the sort order.
    • Proposed as answer by M.Killen Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:52 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, February 19, 2010 4:56 AM
    • Proposed as answer by dgramer Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:50 PM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:32 PM
  • M.Killen:

Please do not propose your own posts. It isn't helpful.

Propose the good answers of other people but wait for someone else to propose (or mark) your posts.

(Moderator)

FAQ sites: (SP 2010) http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com; (v3) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com and (WSS 2.0) http://wssv2faq.mindsharp.com
    Complete Book Lists (incl. foreign language) on each site.
    Friday, February 19, 2010 4:57 AM
  • You can use the Move Up /Down in a KPI list web part. But there are quirks. I answered it at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepoint2010general/thread/e6e1a32e-caa7-45d8-862a-4482a319a29f

To quote:

I pulled a lot of my hair out on this one a couple years ago. You need to have the Publishing features enabled and the web part must be on a publishing page. I am guessing there is some JS requirement somewhere. You may be able to hack the reference with SPD

1. Activate publishing infrastructure feature for the site collection
    2. Active publishing feature for site
    3. Create a web part page in Pages library
    4. Add KPI web part

Move up/down will be available. If you want it on the home page, set the welcome page for the site to be in the Pages library.

-Landon

Monday, February 22, 2010 7:00 PM
  • I know this is an old thread but here is a work around without getting into why it does what it does.

This solution works on SP 2010 but it's based on basic SharePoint so it should work for other versions

1. Browse to the KPIListViewPage you're using

2a. Under the settings tab of the webpart click settings / List settings

2b. Here I created a new text column named Order so I had something to sort by later

2c. This is mostly just to get to the default view or to create a new view in a standard list format

3. Scroll to the bottom and select the All Items view to edit it

4. I selected all the Column Names and then filtered out the ones that were empty keeping the Order column first.

5. Go back to the list view, hopefully it defaults to a list view you just created. You should see all of the KPIs you originally created with all of the pertinent info and linkage

6. Now, click the List tab in the ribbon and select Datasheet View

7. If you want it alphabetized sort it using the Title column or just fill out the Order column and then sort it that way

8. Once it's in the order you want select and copy all of the rows and columns

9. Paste them into the bottom * row (first field)

10. Now on the KPIListViewPage.aspx you should see all of your old ones followed by the newly copied ones.

11. If you like the bottom portion of your list (the ones you just created) great!

12a. Go back to the view you were working in and delete the rows you don't want.

12b. I sorted them by ID and deleted the old copies that way to avoid confusion.

Jason P Heeter

• Proposed as answer by Jason Heeter Monday, June 20, 2016 5:53 PM
    Monday, June 20, 2016 5:53 PM