How can I set a field's value based upon drop-down choice (single sharepoint list, non-repeating table) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am creating a form in InfoPath Designer 2013 which will leverage a single SharePoint list as a data source for three of the fields. There are three columns within the single list that I would like to drive the user experience. The columns are Company; Vendor Name; and Vendor Number.

1. I would like the user to first select their company (option buttons). Selecting the company should filter the SharePoint list so that only vendors associated with that company are left.

2. I would then like for the user to use the drop down field in the form to select the vendor of choice.

3. I would then like for the corresponding vendor number for that vendor to be set and displayed in the Vendor number (text field) in the form.

I haven't had much luck figuring this out. Most of my research has a solution for this assuming I am using a repeating table or multiple lists, which I am not. 

Can anyone assist? Thanks in advance!

Thursday, November 9, 2017 11:16 PM