Custom Activities Error RRS feed

• Question

• From @garggaurav060 via Twitter,

"I'm getting this error "Job encountered scheduling error. Code: BlobDownloadMiscError Category: ServerError Message: Miscellaneous error encountered while downloading one of the specified Azure Blob(s). I am using custom activities in an Azure Data Factory pipeline and following the steps in this documentaiton https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/data-factory-use-custom-activities/"

Thanks,
    @AzureSupport
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 5:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Evan,

That error comes from Azure Batch which means your Batch cluster runs into some kind of scheduling error due to fail to download some files from storage. You can first verify if your dotnetactivity dll package was accessible as the first step for troubleshooting. If no issues there, then you can try switch to a new pool to workaround the issue or you can file a ticket to Azure Search team to help further troubleshooting your Batch cluster.  Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yitao

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:31 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Yitao and Evan - I am having the exact same issue by following the instructions on that same tutorial.  I know it's been a while but were you able to resolve this issue based on Yitao's recommendation?  I just dropped and create d a new pool to no avail. :-(

I thought I would check with you before opening up a ticket with the Azure team.

Thanks,
    Eduardo 

Friday, November 18, 2016 8:04 AM
  • Meh! just had exact same thing.

You have to use a general purpose blog storage account not a blob storage account.

shaun

Friday, November 25, 2016 11:41 AM