none
System.Management retrieved Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Processor_Costly class instead of Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Processor RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have .NET application for monitoring Hyper-V server through WMI and we use standard classes from System.Management namespace. We also retrieve data from Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Processor WMI class. We have one user that his Hyper-V Core machine doesn't know this class (so query failed with exception). When I listed all classes from root\cimv2 namespace from this machine I saw that there is Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Processor_Costly class that returns data. Also I saw several another classes with _Costly suffix on this machine (e.g. Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Memory_Costly, Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_System_Costly). I tried to find some info about these classes but I didn't find anything.

The next interesting thing was that WBEMTEST returns correct value for standard Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Processor class and it didn't know the Win32_PerfFormattedData_PerfOS_Processor_Costly. So I'm not sure why .NET (System.Management) returns different results.

Can anybody help me to understand it?

Thanks,

Lukas

Friday, November 9, 2012 3:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Lukas,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

I am trying to involve some other one into this thread. Please wait it patiently.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, November 12, 2012 7:15 AM
  • From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs: 

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Best regards. 

Michael Mushatt

Friday, November 16, 2012 7:03 PM