Is it possible to send a Tweet using Metro Javascript?

Question

• Hi folks,

is there any possibilty to use a Twitter or Facebook Access API out of the box? Like the WindowsPhone7 TweetHandler.

Scenario:

I have a detailed view of an list entry. The user should be able to tweet the Headline of this this item via one click on on a button / link.

Thank you very much!

Regards, Tobias

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 1:49 PM

Answers

• Sure that's possible. You can find a sample of how to communicate with Twitters rather complex OAuth API in the SDK Sample "WebAuthentication".

However, the "real" Win8 way of doing what you want would be to wait for the twitter app to appear and use the share contract with it.
    That way you would not have to implement all that authentication yourself.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 2:02 PM

All replies

• Sure that's possible. You can find a sample of how to communicate with Twitters rather complex OAuth API in the SDK Sample "WebAuthentication".

However, the "real" Win8 way of doing what you want would be to wait for the twitter app to appear and use the share contract with it.
    That way you would not have to implement all that authentication yourself.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 2:02 PM
  •  I am using the OAuth API of the twitter in given in sdk sample "WebAuthentication". After getting the oauth_token what is the url that I must call to in order to get the details of the user who logged into the application?

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:54 AM