none
Getting Occurrence with recurrence date RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using EWS Java API 1.2, Is it possible to get the Occurrence Appointment instance by giving Recurring Master ID & occurrence date?

-Suchith

Friday, May 10, 2013 3:13 PM

All replies

• No in EWS you can only get a recurrence by its InstanceIndex eg if you where creating a recurring series and you wanted to change the 3 recurrence then you could bind directly to the recurrence using the InstanceIndex and http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/exchangewebservices.occurrenceitemidtype_members(v=exchg.80).aspx.

If all you have is the date you need to use a FindItems operation with the CalendarView to filter the date you want. Then filter the appointments in the results that are returned to find recurrence your after.

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, May 13, 2013 6:46 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

Basically I needed this to delete or update a particular occurrence in recurrence series.  This is what I did, but its a performance hit though.

1) Started from index 1 

2) While loop

3) called Appointment Occurrence = Appointment.bindToOccurrence(ewsService, masterItemId, index, ps);

4) Check if the Start date of occurrence matches given date.

5) else index++

Let me know if there is a better way to do this.

Does FindItems takes CalendarView? 

Thanks,

Suchith

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:40 AM
  • Use the FindAppointments Method which should accept the caledarview for the appointment you want to search for.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 9:12 AM