none
Debug Capability Test (Logo) Hangs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am having trouble running this test. After the SUT reboots for the first time, I noticed there is a "yellow bang" on the network icon in the system tray. When I click on it, it says "Unidentified Network". It changed from the Intel 82579V Gigabit NIC to the Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter. Somehow the MS Kernel Debug Adapter could not identify the local network therefore nothing is happening and I'm stucked. I can't cancel the test from HCK Studio as it still shows "Reboot the target" machine, obviously without the MS Kernel Adapter connecting to the local network, the HCK hangs. Also I can't even changed the SUT back to the original state. The onboard NIC is disabled and can't be turn back on.

I am using the Asus P9X79 motherboard and I know both the NIC on the SUT and Host are listed on the MS site for debugging.

Can anyone explains to me what is happening here? I had ran a quite a few Debug Capability Test in the past, I never had experienced this issue.

Thank you.

• Edited by Rayseow Friday, November 8, 2013 6:05 AM
    Friday, November 8, 2013 5:54 AM

Answers

• I was able to complete the test now. I had to clear the CMOS, then disable the Secure Boot. Then the MS Kernel will find the IP.

• Marked as answer by Rayseow Saturday, November 9, 2013 9:40 PM
    Saturday, November 9, 2013 9:40 PM