none
GetRooms(roomListAddress) returns only 100 rooms, where the provided room list contains 366 rooms RRS feed

• Question

• This is observed in one of our customer environment.

1. Background:

We have a windows service application (developed in c#) that runs in customer environment, and collects Rooms and calendar meetings data from those rooms, from their Office 365 environment and sends to the collection server.

2. Current Exchange Web Service reference (DLL) used in the application:

Name : Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices

Runtime version : v2.0.50727

Version : 15.0.0.0

3. Issue:

When using the EWS API, GetRooms(roomListAddress) API call, it *does not* return all the rooms from the specified room list. Customer claims that the room distribution list has 366 rooms under it, however, the API response only sends back 100 rooms. This behavior is observed in Office 365 environment.

Is there any Exchange Admin settings that restricts this?

Could not find any paging attribute for this API call, from MS documentation (link provided below).

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn643730%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Monday, July 31, 2017 6:02 PM

All replies

• AFAIK 100 is the limit for that operation (eg if you try to use it in OWA it will also only display a max of 100). But really for what they are designed to do a Roomlists with more the 100 entries doesn't make a lot sense because a user isn't going to scroll through that many entries so it should be broken up into smaller consumerable room lists based around something like location (or building number in a large campus).

However if you really just want to use the existing Roomlist with more the 100 entries is because these are Distribution Groups you can use the ExpandGroup operation instead which supports paging and will return exactly the same information.

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 4:22 AM
  • Thanks Glen. Greatly appreciate quick response.

I will look into the ExpandGroup operation.

However it sounds like Distribution Group and Room List are two different things. Correct me if I am wrong. If yes, what does Exchange Admin should know when creating one verses the other and add rooms under it?

Thanks,

Seema

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:18 PM