SharePoint 2010 Column Validation: RRS feed

• Question

• Morning all,

Is it possible to use column validation on a single line of text field to accept only letters (A-Z, a-z) only.  I'd like to rule out numbers and special characters.  I've not had much luck with formulas in trying to getting this to work and nothing from the Text and Data functions seems appropriate.

If anyone has a way to do this, or can suggest a direction for me to try, I'd be grateful.

Many thanks,
    Steven

Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/

Monday, March 19, 2012 1:18 PM
    Answerer

Answers

• Hi

maybe customize your form ,for  onblur/onchange event for the field attach a javascript function which will do the job based on regular expressions

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCTS, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:01 PM
  • There is no OOB way to achieve this.

If you just want to achieve the column validation, choose any way of the below:

1. Use the JavaScript
    2. Create an event handle
    3. Create a filed type
    4. google: Sharepoint Text Column with Regular Expression Validation

[custom.development]

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:11 PM

All replies

• Hi

maybe customize your form ,for  onblur/onchange event for the field attach a javascript function which will do the job based on regular expressions

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCTS, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:01 PM
  • There is no OOB way to achieve this.

If you just want to achieve the column validation, choose any way of the below:

1. Use the JavaScript
    2. Create an event handle
    3. Create a filed type
    4. google: Sharepoint Text Column with Regular Expression Validation

[custom.development]

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:11 PM