none
word addin tool tips and balloons RRS feed

• Question

• hello

Do you know of a way to show a tool tip ( or a balloon) similar to that, that appears in MS word 2007 and 2010 when you select a text and move you're mouse over it ( the one containing font options and other options) , from within an addin

VSTO 4 , MS VS 2010 , C# or VB

Tuesday, March 15, 2011 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Avram,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As far as I see, there has not export for us to do that. Would you tell me why you want to do that? Perhaps we can find another way to resolve you question.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 10:00 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Thanks for replying!

Here is what I'm trying to do:

I'm trying to write an addin that parses threw the  text in a document and when it finds specific words it replaces them or asks the user to chose from a list , much like the grammar correction build in MS word. The problem appears with words that  can be replaced by more then another word. In this case I want to put a balloon like window over the word that needs to be replaced.

Inside that balloon there should be a drop down list containing all the possible replacements. I wan't this window to behave much like a the one that appears in MS word 2007 and 2010 when you select a text and move you're mouse over it ( the one containing font options and other options) . And one important thing the window should be bound to the word ( or to the selection representing the word) so as you scroll threw the document the window should move with the word.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:25 AM
  • Hi Avram,

Would you like to use a custom task pane instead of the balloon or tool tips which like you say? It’s based on my experience that we’re not able to handle the document like what you said but we can get the text which you selection via selection property of the word application, and we can call a custom task pan to change it.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 17, 2011 10:11 AM