none
Using XPDM driver on Windows Vista/7, or porting to WDDM? RRS feed

• Question

• I found an example online of a display driver that I would like to use in my project, although it is XPDM. 

With that said, I have been doing alot of looking into display drivers and alot of these driver development companies that are providing these display drivers have said they have came up with a permanent work around to use these drivers on windows Vista and 7 and that they are actually XPDM drivers. How exactly are they doing this? I have requested some samples to further analyze what is different, but it seems like more than one company is doing this.

So I am wondering if anyone may know the technique they are using? Or if it is not feasible, is there anything(Guidelines, tools, cheatsheats, etc.) I can use to help port the XPDM driver into an WDDM driver?

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 3:07 AM

All replies

• XPDM is no longer supported. The WDDM docs are pretty thorough, so writing a WDDM driver isn't that difficult. Why are you resisting WDDM?

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:53 PM