none
Data Source Configuration Wizard (Not Responding)

Question

• Group,

I'm attempting to add a data source in a small app I'm building (using Visual Studio 2015 Express / Visual Basic).  I've started the wizard and have gone through the steps of adding the database and it's objects.  Clicking "Finish", I immediately get a "(Not Responding)" in the title area of the window (specifically it say, "Data Source Configuration Wizard (Not Responding)".  Why am I getting this?  Do I have something set incorrectly?

In advance, thanks for any assistance you can give with this.  

Don

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Don,

Thank you for your post.

Firstly, we need to make sure that if the cause of the issue is pending on VS itself.

1.How about running your app in other similar Environment, so we could make sure that whether it is related to your app or the VS IDE or other.

Please refer to:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w4dd7z6t.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

2. you may also create a new VB project and add a data source to see if the error message still shows.

you may try some devenv switches in command prompt:
    a.Run devenv /Resetsettings to eliminate the cause of corrupted settings.
    b.Run devenv /ResetSkipPkgs in Command Prompt.
    c.Run devenv /Safemode to see if you can apply it correctly. This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins or packages are causing problems.
    Reboot the machine in Safe Mode. This can isolate some third party application/driver's interference.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 6:10 AM