Can't drag an outlet from Xcode anymore? RRS feed

• Question

• User325971 posted

When i work with xamarin.IOS, i usually open xcode directly and create outlets in there by dragging it into .h file.

But in the new updates, i can't do it anymore since it will not show .h or .m file?

So how do i create a new outlets without using the iOS Designer? I don't want to waste my times by using that designer since it's so slow and hard to use.

Friday, January 31, 2020 6:55 AM

All replies

• User369979 posted

I think this is much like a XCode issue. The latest XCode changes the way of tying outlets. At the top right corner of the storyboard, we could find the editor button. The screen will be split into two parts once we click it. Navigate to the corresponding .h file on the second right screen and then we could drag and drop outlets as previous.

Friday, January 31, 2020 9:15 AM
  • User38482 posted

I've been having the same problem. When you right click on the storyboard in VS and choose to open in Xcode, a window specific to the storyboard opens. It appears as if this window knows about the storyboard and nothing else so when you choose to open another editor there you'd normally hook up your outlets, it doesn't find any .h files.

If you close the storyboard window (but not Xcode) you should see (I do on mine) the full project structure, not just the storyboard. If you choose the storyboard here and then open another editor, the full project becomes available and you can select the .h file you want and hook up the outlets as normal.

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 8:01 PM