none
How to pass dynamic parameter using report viewer? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi All,

I need to filter out report on the basis of users. What I have done :

1)      Created a report in SSRS 2008 with blank parameter and deploy the same in BI.

2)      Create a report viewer page and link the report respectively.

3)      Added a web part “report” button(When user click on this button, it will return the current logged in user in project server)

Now, I need to pass this current user as parameter in report viewer.

Can anyone help me on this?

Thanks in advance

Anuranjan Prasad

Monday, September 5, 2011 7:14 AM

All replies

• Hello Anuranjan ,

You can use user!userid property will only return Username or Domain\Username which is same as Enterprise reource windows account in MSP_EPMResource_userView. You can check with the user!userid property & filter the databased on that.

Thanks, Amit Khare |EPM Consultant| Blog: http://amitkhare82.blogspot.com http://www.linkedin.com/in/amitkhare82
    Monday, September 5, 2011 8:21 AM
  • Hi Amit,

I required to update parameter dynamically reason being all user have different level of permissions. Suppose there are 3 users, user A, user B and user C. Now, user A and user B are project managers and user C is portfolio manager.

Security required as below shown:

User A project details will be restricted to user B and vice versa. However, user C is a portfolio manager, so he/she can see both user A & B projects details.

Conclusion: Thinking to implement this, I came with solution to pass current logged-in user information as parameter and filter the report respectively. That's why I have added a web part “report” button which returns current logged-in user.

Thanks

Anuranjan Prasad

Monday, September 12, 2011 5:13 AM
  • Hi Amit,

I required to update parameter dynamically reason being all user have different level of permissions. Suppose there are 3 users, user A, user B and user C. Now, user A and user B are project managers and user C is portfolio manager.

Security required as below shown:

User A project details will be restricted to user B and vice versa. However, user C is a portfolio manager, so he/she can see both user A & B projects details.

Conclusion: Thinking to implement this, I came with solution to pass current logged-in user information as parameter and filter the report respectively. That's why I have added a web part “report” button which returns current logged-in user.

Thanks

Anuranjan Prasad

Monday, September 12, 2011 2:14 PM