Problem using Menustrip RRS feed

• Question

• Hello:

I have an MDI application that uses the menustrip control.

When the MDI Child window is maximized, there is no way to restore its size. There's a restore on the MDI parent but that restores the entire application.

However, when I use the Main menu, there are two sets of Maximize/Minimize controls, one for the MDI parent and one for the MDI Child.

The Mainmenu control adds a band that is used to display the Maximize/Minimize controls but the band the menustrip creates is not used to do the same.

What am I doing wrong?

venki

• Edited by TheVenkster Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:03 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:15 AM

Answers

• Hi:

I figured out what the problem was! I had two text buttons hiding the Maximize/Miniminize icons on the Menustrip!

Venki

• Proposed as answer by MusicDemon Friday, February 24, 2012 12:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike FengModerator Monday, February 27, 2012 12:51 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:28 PM

All replies

• Perhaps something in your code?  Do you have code for the maximized event? Is there anything custom about your MDI child?

I cannot reproduce this with a new project using one MdiParent, one MdiChild, and one MenuStrip.  The child's control box and buttons merge with the MenuStrip as expected.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:15 PM
  • No, I do not have any code in Minimize/Maximize events.

Venki

Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:15 PM
  • Hi:

I figured out what the problem was! I had two text buttons hiding the Maximize/Miniminize icons on the Menustrip!

Venki

• Proposed as answer by MusicDemon Friday, February 24, 2012 12:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mike FengModerator Monday, February 27, 2012 12:51 PM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:28 PM