Errors occuring sometimes when connecting to a WCF SSL Service. RRS feed

• Question

• User-468333257 posted

I am able to connect to a SSL wcf service

server connecting to  web service is using windows server 2008 r2

but sometimes I received the errors as seen here:(checked many times about the configuration and cert, they are all correct,I even removed and readded back)

The underlying connection was closed

System.ServiceModel.CommunicationException was caught
      Message=An error occurred while making the HTTP request to https://10.10.10.100:5150/ViewerService/. This could be due to the fact that the server certificate is not configured properly with HTTP.SYS in the HTTPS case. This could also be caused by a mismatch of the security binding between the client and the server.

May I know what is the problem?

Saturday, April 6, 2013 8:47 AM

Answers

• User-1000095884 posted

Hi,

but sometimes I received the errors as seen here

If the issue occurs when you are trying to send a larger data, you need increase the value of the limiting parameters, maxBufferSize, MaxReceivedMessageSize and maxArrayLength etc.

To troubleshoot the issue, you need enable tracing for your service to figure out what caused the issue, you can analyze the diagnostic traces with SvcTraceViewer.exe tool.

Best Regards.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 3:17 AM

All replies

• User-468333257 posted

would like to know what is the cause of the problem though

anyone has encountered something similar?

Monday, April 8, 2013 2:40 AM
  • User-1000095884 posted

Hi,

but sometimes I received the errors as seen here

If the issue occurs when you are trying to send a larger data, you need increase the value of the limiting parameters, maxBufferSize, MaxReceivedMessageSize and maxArrayLength etc.

To troubleshoot the issue, you need enable tracing for your service to figure out what caused the issue, you can analyze the diagnostic traces with SvcTraceViewer.exe tool.

Best Regards.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 8, 2013 3:17 AM
  • User-468333257 posted

could it be caused by intermittent internet connection?

that's what I suspect

Also, the service Trace viewer looks very confusing to use.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:34 AM
  • User-1000095884 posted

Hi,

could it be caused by intermittent internet connection?

Do the service and client are located on different machine on the internet?

The error "could also be caused by a mismatch of the security binding between the client and the server" as mentioned in the error message you posted above, so please make sure you have configured certificate properly( if it needs one), and the binding security are matched between the client and the server. Look at a sample using SvcTraceViewer.exe.

#WCF Test Client & Tracing Issues using SvcTraceViewer.exe

http://blog.etecsolutions.co.uk/2011/07/18/wcf-test-client-tracing-issues-svctraceviewer/

Best Regards.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:51 PM