Print out report by A4 size paper RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have create a report with A3 size as there are too many fields., but i 
    wanna to print out on A4 paper properly. is that possible to do?

Cheers

Nick

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:31 PM

All replies

• To print it on A4 you will have to either reduce the size of the fields, or reduce the number of fields.

When you layout a report, you give it specific dimensions (i.e. Table A is positioned at 100,100), the only time you don't is when you have a matrix and a variable number of columns. If you look at the InteractiveSize property of the report, by default it is set to A4 size and you have to stay within that, if you don't then the excess gets printed on fresh pages (both across and down). So if your report is wider than 21cm (the default InteractiveSize width) then it will overflow onto a new page when printing or rendering to PDF.

So the simple answer is no, you will have to do a bit of work first to make it fit on A4. One thing to check though is some printers will scale the rendered print job if it is bigger than the selected paper size - see if your printer can do this.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 3:22 AM
  • What about having more than one detail line for each detail instance, so that some fields go on line #1 and some go on row #2.  Is this possible in your situation, do you think (rather than fudging paper sizes, I mean)?

Alternatively, you can just reduce the font size, as sluggy has (I think?) suggested... Considering that you're looking for "shrink to fit" behavior in the printing, you might as well "shrink to fit" the *real* report <s>.  After all, if they want to view on screen, whether in HTML or PDF or whatever, they can always zoom it up again <g>.

>L<

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 5:19 AM
  •  

thanks Lisa and Sluggy.

In my case, using two details line doesn't really suitable here,  I will probably try to reduce font first.

Cheers

Nick sheng

Sunday, August 5, 2007 9:02 PM