Windows 10 App Certification Kit RRS feed

• Question

• I have not been able to find anything about an App Certification Kit for Windows 10. Does anyone know if/when this will be available?
    Tuesday, June 2, 2015 5:52 PM

Answers

• I found this article which indicates the reason I had the wrong version of the Windows App Certification Kit installed was because I had an old version of Visual Studio 2015 installed.

It turns out, despite several Microsoft sources indicating otherwise, the Windows App Certification Kit is NOT included with the Windows 10 Insider Preview. 

You need to install the Windows 10 Development Tools which can currently be found at https://dev.windows.com/en-us/downloads/install-dev-tools-visual-studio-2015. I don't remember seeing this when I was searching for it a little while ago so either I missed it or they just recently added it. I ended up installing the Community 2015 RC via the above link which came with a version of the Windows App Certification kit for Windows 10.

• Marked as answer by sfitzp2 Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:56 PM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:56 PM

All replies

• Check this: https://dev.windows.com/en-us/develop/app-certification-kit

"Note: The developer tools for Windows Insider Preview include a version of the Windows App Certification Kit that provides new tests specific to development for Windows 10. These new tests are currently detailed in Windows App Certification Kit tests for Windows Store apps."

If you have a windows Insider preview, you could find a folder named "windows kits" and there is a version of the windows app certification kit for windows 10 preview.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Jamles Hez Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:05 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by sfitzp2 Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:56 PM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 10:00 AM
  • Thanks! I missed that little section of the page.
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 10:48 AM
  • I have build 10130 of Windows 10 installed and found the Windows App Certification Kit. However, it does not look like the correct version comes installed with Windows 10. When I run it I get a dialog stating that the version installed (3.3) is not supported on this version of windows and I need to download an update. The link to download the update takes me to the same https://dev.windows.com/en-us/develop/app-certification-kit page that tells me there is a version already installed with the Insider Preview. Am I missing something here? Where do I find the version that supports Windows 10?

• Edited by sfitzp2 Tuesday, June 9, 2015 11:47 AM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2015 12:39 PM
  • Hi sfitzp2,

You don't need to install additional windows app certification kit, 3.3 looks like the version works on win8.1, try to uninstall it and use the insider version as Shu Hu recommend.

>>Where do I find the version that supports Windows 10?

You only need to type "windows app certification kit" on the search bar, you should be able to see the result.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Jamles Hez Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:05 AM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 6:04 AM
  • I found this article which indicates the reason I had the wrong version of the Windows App Certification Kit installed was because I had an old version of Visual Studio 2015 installed.

It turns out, despite several Microsoft sources indicating otherwise, the Windows App Certification Kit is NOT included with the Windows 10 Insider Preview. 

You need to install the Windows 10 Development Tools which can currently be found at https://dev.windows.com/en-us/downloads/install-dev-tools-visual-studio-2015. I don't remember seeing this when I was searching for it a little while ago so either I missed it or they just recently added it. I ended up installing the Community 2015 RC via the above link which came with a version of the Windows App Certification kit for Windows 10.

• Marked as answer by sfitzp2 Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:56 PM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 12:56 PM