none
Unrecognized Subscription Data RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am attempting to complete my MSDN registration. I used the data provided in the MSDN activation email exactly how it was sent to me. However, each time I attempt to complete the process I am presented with the following error message:

The data that you have provided could not be located in our system.

You can try to:

• Reenter the data, making sure that all information provided is typed accurately.
    • Check to see if this subscription is already in the subscription list on the Subscription Management page.
    • Contact Support

Reference Id: D16C66CC

This error has been logged with the reference number noted above. Please use this reference number if you contact support.

Help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:39 PM

All replies

• Hey Sean,

You're actually going to have to contact the Support team on this one, who have the tools and permissions to look into Customer Account issues.

The error you're getting is that your account info isn't found in our system.  This is either that you're not entering the information from your welcome email exactly right, or that your account hasn't made it into our system yet.  I recognize that this is frustrating and  we want nothing more than to have you downloading already.  

The support folks will be able to help.  Their number in the US is (800) 759-5474, and their email address is msubserv@microsoft.com.  If you're not in the US, you can find their phone number and/or email address here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa948875.aspx

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:57 PM
  • Sean, I just checked again, and it looks your account is now ready. You should be able to activate following the same steps as included in your email. Thanks, Mike
    MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Friday, November 12, 2010 8:52 PM