none
How to send an Email to the outside organisation users using workflows in share point 2013 ?

Question

• Hi,

I am able sending email using workflows to the office 365 users,but i am unable to send emails to the outside organisation users. When i am creating or editing a list item i am able to send emails to the all the office 365 users. Here i am getting the current item email i.e creating a list item email or editing list item email.

i am getting the current item email in subject and body,but unable to get current item email in To or Cc.See the below screenshot for more clarification.

I am new to workflows.Please help me.

Thanks,

venkateswararao

Friday, March 24, 2017 10:15 AM

All replies

• It's there.  While in Designer editing the workflow, just open up the To box selector, choose current item and then select the column you want to use.
    Friday, March 24, 2017 6:59 PM
  • Hi Stephan,

yes, I selected current item column in To box selector,but it is works  only for office 365 users.if the user mail id is outside the organization  then it does not works  for me.is there any possible way to get the outside organization user mail id in To box selector.

Monday, March 27, 2017 12:16 PM
  • If the appropriate email address to use is the email address shown in the image you provided above, then its merely setting the email "To" field to the current item's "email" column.  Just click on the open book item to the right of the "To" field.  Select "Workflow Lookup for a User", and so on.  The image below shows the path.

Monday, March 27, 2017 3:17 PM
  • Hi Stephan,

I used the workflow as below, but can't get Gmail id or some other mail id that  is  outside  organisation mail id present in Email Field

I get the Current item Email id in body but not  To box selector.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 10:48 AM
  • Check the "Return field as" dropdown shown on the "Lookup for Person or Group" dialog in the image above. Compare these against the format that you used for the email address displayed in the Subject and Body portions of the "Define E-mail Message" dialog.
    Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:24 PM